The Handbag

Thursday 4 March 2010

Well everyone who knows me is aware of the fact that ever since I was 15 years of age I have carried a Cath Kidston bag on my arm at all times. I purchased a new one, every 6 months or so, from the latest collection that was out, and have now acquired quite a few in various different colours and prints. 
That love affair has now sadly ended.
 Cath will still be in my life in the form of travel cases, rain-macs, makeup bags, and umbrellas etc. But I will not be buying a Cath Kidston handbag again. Everywhere I look I see Cath being exploited on every other girl's arm. It is time for a change! And the direction I'm looking is designer (ironic I know seeing as I am a student with no job and no money). I have had my eye on a mulberry bag ever since I turned the pages of my first Vogue and took in their classic approach to the very wearable and timeless designs they create.
I love the Classic Bayswater bag. I prefer it in the brown leather as that look is always timeless and tends to go with everything.


I also like the Hayden Messenger, But I have the feeling it wouldn't hold everything as it's smaller then the Bayswater.

I like to think that when I have a job It will be feasible saving up for a Mulberry bag as the ones I want are around the £400-£500 mark. However If I money wasn't such an issue I would be looking at a Miu Miu bag.
I actually love this Bugatti glazed leather tote, especially that it's glazed and has a longer strap to go over the body.

I also love this Large deerskin leather tote, though it is way out of my price range (probably due to the deer-ness of it) It also comes with a shoulder strap.

Maybe when I get a job I can start saving for one these beautiful bags. Until then I will have to stick with the crowd and carry good ole' Cath around. A girl can always dream though...



xxx

0 comments: