Being Audrey

Thursday 11 February 2010



It was my friend's birthday yesterday and the theme she chose for it was 'Musicals'. All of my favorite musicals come from the 40's and 50's, so I sought through them and thought about which character I could be. However I soon realised that none of the musicals had any characters that people would recognise. I wondered if I could take a character from one of my favorite's, 'Funny Face' with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire, but I thought that no one would recognise Audrey from that film. I then remembered that 'Breakfast At Tiffany's' had recently been made into a West End show and I could dress up as Audrey's character 'Holly Golightly'! I got the dress, the pearls, and for the all important hairstyle I followed a tutorial on YouTube by Strawberry Koi Vintage (who also has an amazing blog http://strawberrykoi.blogspot.com/). And this is the finished look!




I had a wonderful time re-creating this look and will definitely be doing it again soon! With a little help from my friend Amy for the hair...
xxx

0 comments: