Paris

Tuesday 2 February 2010




Even though I live in England, and live a hop-skip-and a jump away from France, I have never been. I have been to many other countries in Europe, but for some reason I have never got round going to visit France.It has been my
dream for a long time to go to Paris; though my dream is a rather romaticised one.

I have always wanted to go as though I was visiting back in the late 50's or early 60's, when Paris was at its chic-est. I feel that the film 'An Educa
tion' portrays Paris in the way I want to believe it is
like (see above).


The films 'An American In Paris' and 'Funny Face' also have the idea of the type of Paris I would like to visit, even though 'An American In Paris' was early 50's it's still the glamorous Paris I want! With the high-class fashion and cafes around every corner. I suppose I would have to look my best as it is Paris, so it would be floral tea dresses, decorative purse, pill-box hat and little white gloves everyday. Hopefully I'll be able to visit soon!
I suppose this post has turned into a list of films I like, more then a reason why I'd like to visit Paris. But these three films really should be on your 'to watch' list, as they are three of my all time favorite movies and I guarantee you will want to watch them again and again... and make you want to visit Paris!

xxx

0 comments: